Can Boxing Help You Lose Weight?
If you are trying to lose weight you many have found yourself searching for new and unique ways to keep your weight loss plan fresh and interesting. There are countless ways to lose weight but if you aren’t doing something you enjoy it can feel like working out is mundane and leave you uninspired. If you have been searching for a new fitness activity to help you lose weight then boxing might just be the prefect new sport for you to try.
If you’re interested in boxing you might be wondering, can boxing help me lose weight? This article will help you understand why boxing can help you lose weight and give you tips on how to get started with boxing. We’ll even give you some great tips on how you can boost your weight loss goals while boxing.
Is Boxing a Good Way to Lose Weight?
Boxing is a great way to lose weight. It is a total body workout that gets your heart rate going and burns some serious calories. If you’ve never competed in a martial art style sport before you might not understand just how intensive sparring can be. We can assure you that you will be absolutely gassed after just a few rounds let alone a 12 round match.
Boxing has the ability to use every major muscle group in your body including your core. A typical boxing working can help your burn between 350-500 calories. An intensive boxing workout elevates you heart rate and burns calories even after you’ve stopped working out for the day.
Boxing is a fantastic way to lose weight for a variety of reasons. If you feel that you are interested in boxing for weight loss you will likely be happy with your results. Like anything you do, you must make the most out of your experience but if you give it your all in your boxing workouts you will see results.
Why Is Boxing Good for Weight Loss?
If you’ve ever found yourself at the gym, alone, and unsure of what to do you can likely relate to the idea that getting fit and losing weight is boring and possibly even a little bit lonely. But it doesn’t have to be. Boxing is social and workouts are dynamic. Is boxing a good workout to lose weight? Let’s find out why it is!
- It Gives You Variety – Part of being a boxer, either professionally or just as a hobby, is being fit. To move effectively in the ring, you need to have agility and strength. Although boxing techniques will help you become fit an important part of boxing is doing non-boxing activities to become more fit. In a boxing class you will likely be asked to run, jump rope, and do a variety of weight lifting and body weight activities. You won’t get bored with boxing as your workouts will always be changing.
- You’re Surrounded by Fit People – If you’re trying to fake it until you make it then surrounding yourself with like minded people is a great place to start. At a boxing gym you will encounter people of all fitness levels, but many will also be fit. They can help guide you in making smart food choices and also encourages you to live a healthy lifestyle by association. Your boxing coach will be able to provide you with a wealth of information to set you up for success and will guide you along the way.
- You’ve made a commitment – boxing gyms might offer drop in sessions but often you will find yourself committing to attending a class at a specific time. Unlike a typical gym membership that offers you usage at any time a boxing class requires you to schedule your class into your day. By committing to attending and a specific time you are more likely to go, especially if someone is waiting on you to be there
- You’ll have someone to support you – If you’re taking classes with other people who are also beginners, you’ll have someone who understands what you’re going through. They can laugh with you while you’re learning and support you when things are hard. Your boxing coach is also a great support resource who can help you modify workouts to your abilities and help keep you motivated.
- You’ll have fun – one of the most important reasons why boxing is good for weight loss is that you’ll have fun doing it. Boxing classes are fast paced and dynamic giving you a great workout while also allowing you to be social. Sparring is fun and who doesn’t love taking out some stress on a punching bag. Is a boxing bag a good workout? Go ahead and find out for yourself!
How to Get Started with Boxing?
Now that you know that boxing is a great workout and a great way to lose weight you may be wondering how you can get started. To start experiencing the benefits of a great boxing workout your first step will be to find a reputable boxing gym that you feel comfortable at. Try out different gyms. May will offer you a free trial class to help you get started. Don’t forget that it will likely be a little bit uncomfortable when you first get started. Don’t expect to be a professional on day one, give yourself lots of time and space to learn.
Don’t get discouraged if it’s hard. If you’re here to lose weight its going to be hard at first! Allow yourself to enjoy the process and learn from your mistakes. If you stay committed you are sure to get great results.
Is Boxing Good for Weight Loss?
Boxing is an excellent way to lose weight and will help to provide you with a variety of different workouts to increase your overall fitness levels. Does boxing help you lose weight? Yes! If you are committed to attending classes and working hard you will lose weight. Don’t forget that you can’t out train a bad diet. Work hard and fuel your body with nutritious foods and you’ll be losing weight in no time. Book your free class at Grants MMA and find the perfect boxing class to get you started with your boxing weight loss goals.